Monday, October 8, 2007

Welcome to McCloskey Corner!


Timothy and I recently signed a contract to have a home built in the Mueller Airport redevelopment in Austin, Texas. We're really excited, and I've created this blog to keep all of you informed about the house. We'll be sharing photographs, posing questions regarding looming design decisions over the next couple of weeks, and providing updates once construction starts in late November!

I have lots of posts already planned in my head - about the New Urbanist development, progress of construction on other houses, the model home of our plan, and photos of our lovely but currently barren corner lot.

Timothy is building a detailed 3-D computer model of the house, we drive out to the site almost every day, and I spent hours matching the color scheme of this website to the paint colors for the house. Should we be diagnosed as OCD? Perhaps. Or maybe we're just thrilled to be buying our first home and eager to watch it appear from the ground up. At any rate, there will be no shortage of content, so check back soon for new posts!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know how excited you are but working several hours to match the color scheme is a little OCD.

Mom

Anonymous said...

What nothing new....hasn't your house gone up overnight. I need pictures, give me more pictures, pictures........pictures.....pictures...pict

Anonymous said...

Great new addition to your blog. I enjoyed all the pictures and construction photos. Hope you can get your selections narrowed down and be out from under the pressure of that part soon.

Mom