Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Twinkle, Twinkle

A couple of weekends ago, Timothy and I went to San Marcos with our friend Kristen to pick up a lovely vintage pendant light for her dining room. As an early birthday present, I also came home with the most beautiful light fixture. (Thank you!) Three milk glass cylinders, each surrounded by a band of brushed aluminum pierced by tiny holes, with a triangle of teak to hold them at the proper distance from each other. The fixture was designed by Gerald Thurston and dates to the 1950s.







Kristen's lamp also looks great! Next time you're in San Marcos, visit Accent Lighting Designs on the courthouse square.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Loved the light. It was even neater than I imagined. Tell Timothy I still have a very active imagination....its just on vacation right now or I'd leave a very clever comment.

Mom