Thursday, April 8, 2010

Peachy!

A couple of weekends ago, Timothy and I finally got around to a project we've been meaning to do since we moved into the house. We epoxy painted the garage floor. It feels so much nicer underfoot and should be easy to keep clean.



Outside, even more flowers are blooming, including a small pink flower from my great aunt's garden. The blossoms on the peach tree have turned into baby peaches! I doubt they'll grow much, given how small the tree is, but it's still exciting.



2 comments:

Dusty said...

You're gonna hate me, but you probably want to pick all those baby peaches as soon as you see them this season and maybe next season, too. You want to encourage the tree to grow leaves and branches and the fruit are taking a lot of the tree's energy/carbs. Wait for fruit until it has been in the ground for awhile. Also, the peaches you're seeing are often a byproduct of the nursery's hyper-fertilized growing practices.

WB said...

I agree with Dusty at least pull the peaches off this year to give the roots and branches more time to grow.

Also, the flower I keep emailing you about is the picture directly above Timothy, the "dog" and the lake. I checked the wildflower center and that is not a scarle penstemon.

Love
Mom